Sunday 16 April 2017

This is The Devil Wears Prada clashing with Bridget Jones.. and it's only #99cents! #literature #fiction #booksale #Bookshelf

Oh no, I've Fallen in Love!

Depression is a curse; a taboo illness which Valerie Anthrope has suffered with for most of her life.
And so far, her way of dealing with it is to hide it, which means no friends. Ever. She works hard at keeping all acquaintances at arms’ length, and has thrown herself into building her financial brokerage business. Happiness to Valerie is a successful mortgage deal.

Ellen Semple is happy-go-lucky. Her world is all-dancing and all-singing fun. She’s Valerie’s new employee.

Lex Kendal is Valerie’s client. He wants to screw Valerie.

This is the story of a depressive woman changing the views of two egotistical people, and in turn, Valerie comes to realise that these selfish people are the ones who can help her—if she dares to open up to them.
A story of true friendship.
A story about the power of love.
A story of how one women gained the strength to fight her depression.
Oh no, I’ve Fallen in Love! came second in the eFestival of Words Best Independent eBook Awards 2013. Oh no, I’ve Fallen in Love! is told through the eyes of Valerie Anthrope and Lex Kendal in varying chapters—‘a unique way of storytelling.'

Click below to purchase

Extract from Oh no, I've Fallen in Love!

I smiled, but found I couldn’t hold his gaze. I had never teased anyone before, but that’s exactly what I had been doing. And he’d returned it. Our easy bantering was happening as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

I opened my diary, and pretended to look through it. ‘I’ve a lot to do this morning, Mr Kendal. You really should have phoned for an appointment.’ He perched himself on the spare desk, leaving a long leg swinging down.

‘I’m here to make one.’

‘Oh.’

‘I want to make an appointment to take you out to dinner. Shall we say Saturday night?’

‘This Saturday?’

‘This Saturday, yes. That’s the day after Friday, and the day before Sunday.’

A tingle of excitement was bubbling up inside my stomach. It was only a dinner date, I told myself. I could keep him at arm’s length, just like everyone else, no problem. Except he wasn’t like any man I’d met before. He seemed to revel in my sharp comments and caustic sarcasm.

A bang from the outer door told me my staff had arrived back from lunch. I cleared my throat, and made an effort to look in control.

‘Yes, that would be lovely.’

The arrogant bastard grinned, telling me that’s what he expected me to say.  I remembered reading about the kiss-and-tell that his ex-wife leaked to the papers, which backfired on her and made him famous. It was all about how she couldn’t compete with his affairs and was filing for a divorce after fifteen years. She then demanded a hefty settlement and posed topless.

‘Good. There’s a new fish restaurant just opened along the Thames that I thought we could try. Or is there anything else you fancy? Apart from me,’ he added with a wider grin.

He’s such a jerk, I thought. But a sexy jerk. A flutter of appreciation feathered my spine as I took in his broad shoulders and imagined myself in his arms again.  But did I want to be another notch on his bedpost – hell, I was a modern woman – he could be a notch on mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...