WWBB on Facebook!

You are invited to post your book links, blurbs, snippets on WWBB's Facebook page. Follow me on Twitter and use @louise_wise for a retweet.

Sunday, 27 September 2009

Yipeeee I've finished my latest novel.

Honestly, it's taken less than a year to write but over a year to edit the blooming thing! I've named it A Proper Charlie. It's a chicklit about a woman who generates a bubbly image, and in the past was happy to live up to it. She’d been brought up in a children’s home and subsequently longs for a family; someone to belong to and for someone to belong to her. She wants to be loved basically. Trouble is her current boyfriend is a complete tosspot, and her job becomes unstable when another firm take it over. Things seem to all be going wrong.

Her new boss is heartbreakingly good looking Ben Middleton whose sister has gone missing. He hires a private investigator who finds some of her possessions with prostitute Sally Readman, and Ben is worried that his sister is in trouble, especially as a serial killer seems to be targeting prostitutes!

Charlie thinks she can impress her new boss by researching the red-light area for the story; only she thinks she'd get better results if she pretends to be a prostitute.

Of course Ben and Charlie meet. Charlie thinks Ben is the murderer, and Ben thinks Charlie is a prostitute with hilarious results. 

A Proper Charlie is outrageously funny, and follows Charlie and Ben on a journey to discover true love.

It was fun to write, and I think I've found my "niche" in my writing career. Comedy is something I want to excel in. I hope A Proper Charlie finds a publisher soon, because MISS ANTHROPE ONE NIGHT STAND OR TWO is coming up to its editing stage (which will probably take a year to perfect) and that was easier to write than Charlie.

You can see the first two chapter on youwriteon.com site but download isn't all that brilliant though, and the book WILL have indents etc!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Eden and Hunted - sci-fi like never before!

The only Indie library on the 'net!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

COUNTER


View My Stats