Monday 20 May 2024

Join Murphy Cassidy in a whirlwind of challenges and dreams as she faces the music—literally—in Cork, 2025. #shortstory #characterinterview

The Rebel Murphy
a short story 

by 
Chiara Benedetta Condorelli

 Cork, 2025.

Murphy Cassidy works as a cleaner and faces many challenges both in her life and in her job. One day, she's unexpectedly invited to sing on a TV talent show, a dream opportunity that also offers a chance of a lifetime to a struggling rock band.

However, there's one thing that could prevent her from taking the stage, and no, it's not her lack of singing ability...


Character interview with Murphy Cassidy, the protagonist from The Rebel Murphy

What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?

Dia duit, Louise (it means "Hello” in Irish), and thanks for interviewing me. I hope you're doing well. My name is Murphy Cassidy. No, I don't have a nickname. Not that I know of, anyway.

 

Nice to meet you, Murphy. Your name tells me you’ve Irish heritage?

Yes, I was born in Cork, Ireland, but I’ve no idea of my age. My author didn't bother to give me a birth date, although I assume we share the same age because of specific circumstances described in the book that I'm not allowed to reveal. Don't worry, though, I'm of legal age.

 

I take it you’re a human? You seem human.

Yes, I'm definitely a human being. My author has put a lot of effort into making me sound and act like a human, although she barely likes to provide any physical descriptions (unless they're relevant to the plot) because she prefers the readers to imagine the characters with the features they want. I think I like that.


What are your likes/dislikes?

I love the Swords-born rock band Kodaline. My author made sure that they would have been relevant to the plot at a certain point. You can listen below and when you do, think of me. 


What are your likes/dislikes?

I love the Swords-born rock band Kodaline. My author made sure that they would have been relevant to the plot at a certain point.

 

Do you have a job/hobby?

I’m a cleaner, and I always wanted to be the best cleaner I could possibly be.

 

Are you in love?

I’m single, and I’m genuinely fine with that. I don’t envy those who are engaged, married or whatever because I prefer spending my time doing the stuff I enjoy the most.

 

Do you have any regrets in life?

I don’t have any regrets, so far, but anything can happen in life, and maybe there will be one thing I’ll regret thinking or doing someday.

 

Where do you live? Are you happy there?

I mostly drive throughout Ireland for work, and so far, there’s no place I ever disliked.

 

Who are your parents? Are they still alive?

My parents are Saoirse and Enda Cassidy. They’re still alive, and I get along with them pretty decently, given the circumstances (I live on my own, and I like it that way, despite knowing that this lifestyle has its own disadvantages).

 

Do you own a gun (or any other weapon)?

Nope, nope, nope! And so far, I’ve never been put in a position to kill someone. The dead don’t hire you or pay you any salary, after all.

 

What do you consider your greatest achievement so far? Do other people think it’s great?

My greatest achievement so far is living on my own with a job I like doing and without any harm done to anyone, I guess. I think that most people are okay with me living like this, but naturally, I wouldn’t like to know that someone thinks otherwise. I would like to thank you for this interview. Slán (it means “goodbye” in Irish)!


This platform provides an exclusive chance for you to garner free promotion for both you and your book. Please reach out via email to info@louisewise.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...