Tuesday 16 April 2024

Author interview with Chloe Coontz - Dare to defy fate in a battle against darkness and doubt?

Dare to defy fate in a battle against darkness and doubt?

In 2010, a solitary figure stands at the edge of a bridge, teetering on the precipice between life and death. With a momentous decision hanging in the balance, she takes a step back, choosing to embrace the uncertain journey ahead.


Fast forward to 2011, and the young woman finds herself ensnared in a web of intrigue and mystery. It's revealed that a mysterious entity has been deployed to dissuade her from her chosen path, to challenge the resolve she thought she had solidified on that fateful day. Concurrently, she learns of a daunting task entrusted to her—to thwart the emergence of a malevolent force, a darkness that threatens to engulf everything in its path.

Now burdened with dual responsibilities, she grapples with the weight of her newfound knowledge. Time ticks away relentlessly as she races against the clock, navigating treacherous terrain where every decision could alter the course of destiny. With courage as her compass and determination as her guide, she embarks on a journey fraught with peril, ready to confront the shadows that lurk in both the external world and within her own soul.

Check out the book!

Unveiling Michelle: A Candid Conversation on the Inspiration Behind 'TEN MORE YEARS'

What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?

I was given an Italian name, and I gave myself an English name, but my author doesn't allow me to disclose either of them. You can call me Michelle, though: that's the name of my self-insert character in a short story I've written.

Yes, I write too. In fact, I'm a freelance writer and translator.

Where and when were you born? If you weren’t born, how did you come into being?

I was born and raised in Sicily. Now I'm in Piedmont, in the middle of the pandemic, and I'm not obviously happy to be here, but it could be worse. I don't miss my birthplace, though. I'm not ashamed of my roots, but if we talk about job opportunities and whatnot, I would've preferred to be born elsewhere.

If you looked in a mirror, would you like what you saw?

Not really. I have been punished by what I think is an extremely petty divine entity, but if I succeed in both my missions, I'll look at myself in the mirror and see something prettier for once... after a decade. I have some scars here and there that I got while fighting Daryce, an alien creature that is at the divine entity's service. Emotional scars? There’s as many as you want.

How old are you? Do you worry about getting older?

I’m 36 years old, and I’m doing my best to live enough to get older. I’m scared of being left to die alone, though, even if I have already devised a secret plan to address this fear properly that should please everyone.

Do you have any regrets in life?

Yes, I do. I have forgiven a (supposedly) human being for mistreating me, which resulted in her trying to kill me.

Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

I desperately try to remind myself that I'm the most important person in my life, and it’s not an easy task, given both my past and the current circumstances.

Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

Daryce, as strange as it may seem. She’s just doing her job, it’s not like she has a beef with me or something. She will never be my friend because of the circumstances we found ourselves in, but I respect her.

Do you have a secret? Does anyone else know the secret? What would happen if you told someone this secret? 

Yes, I have a secret. The few people who learned about it decided to flee, despite the fact that I never make this secret interfere with anything in my life... and I don't talk about it all the time. THEY wanted to know my secret, it wasn’t the other way round! I wanted to chat with them for like five minutes in a week, and yet I got treated as if I demanded to be listened all day, every day. That’s why I’m better off without friends.

Are you happy now your story has been told? Is there more to come?

Yes, I can consider myself happy that my story has been told. I can only hope that there’s more to come... no, I’m actively doing what I can so that there is more to come!

How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?

Brutally honest. I only become mean to those who got mean to me, so I don’t consider myself a bad person. But you wouldn’t be happy to get to know most of my thoughts and feelings.

What, if anything, would you like to change about your life?

I’m literally doing everything to make sure that I still have a life to live before thinking of anything to change about it. It was nice having this conversation with you.

Amazon | Goodreads


This platform provides an exclusive chance for you to garner free promotion for both yourself and your book. Please reach out via email to info@louisewise.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...