Tuesday 17 November 2015

If you like #romcom #fiction novels, check out this extract from SOUNDCHECK

 Excerpt from the book 
SOUNDCHECK
by

 Jennifer Blanchard

“I'm just doing my job,” I say, trying not to meet his eyes.
“Your job doesn't require you to spend your Saturdays and Sundays cleaning and painting at Woody's. Your job doesn't require you to host a last-minute tasting of the new menu at your house. But you did it anyway. That's what makes you special.” He pushes my hair behind my ear and runs his fingers through it as he continues talking. “That's what makes you incredible. It's what makes you so beautiful…” He trails off and his eyes say he wants to kiss me. My mind says no, to push him away and tell him to stop. But I can't. I'm frozen, pinned against the wall. He leans in and I lick my lips, playing for time. I wanna look away; to run and hide. But I don't. I don't because I realize that I actually want him to kiss me. When his lips are millimeters from mine, he whispers, “Can I confess something?”
All I can do is nod my head. My voice won't work. 
“The night we ran into each other at Ian's show in West LA, it wasn't random…”

 
As a rising star in the music industry, Mandy Simon seems to have it all: a killer knack for spotting talent, a promotion on the horizon, and a secret office romance with Miles Anderson, the marketing director at her company.




But her troubled past causes Mandy to break things off with him. When the decision backfires, she comes up against an ultimatum that puts her dream job at risk. And she finds herself fighting for success--and love--in ways she never imagined.

Jennifer Blanchard is an author, award-winning blogger, and story coach who helps serious emerging novelists write, revise and launch their books. 

Connect with her at:
Instagram: @JenniferBlanchardWrites
Twitter: @InkyBites
Periscope: @JenniferBlanchard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...