Thursday 30 July 2015

In the chair is Danny Wynn author of Lucien and I

Confessions from
Danny Wynn

1.  I think the sensation of feeling you are living life to the full can be powerfully euphoria-inducing in much the same way, and in some ways more so, as pleasure-inducing drugs.

2.  I think it is fascinating and baffling that intelligent, self-interested people who have worked hard and long to build satisfactory lives very often behave self-destructively so as to harm themselves.

3.  For me, charisma is an abstract quality that draws people to you that is separate from any specific appeal that the person has, such as good looks, intelligence, wittiness, or social cachet, et cetera.  It is a pure magnetism unconnected to any specific appeal, and it must be a wonderful quality to possess and experience.  I myself do not have it.

4.  Ultimately the most important things in life are the quality of the people you are close to, and the quality of your relationships with them.  Other people may be hell, but they still are the best means by which to achieve true happiness.

5.  I have had a rich, satisfying life, and would not feel shortchanged if it ended tomorrow.

6.  I have truly great friendships with people I great rapport with and who provide my spirit with a lot of nourishment and sustenance, and that is one of the most valuable things I have.

7.  I love my wife, and she is the best decision I ever made.

8.  I had a miserably unhappy childhood, and strongly negative feelings toward both my parents, and it is astonishing that I avoided where that was naturally taking me, and got to the vital, satisfying state of being that I have now.  


 I n t r o d u c i n g . . .
 Lucien and I
 
 What if you had the chance to relive your twenties the way you really wanted them to be?
 Thirty-nine-year-old David is presented with that opportunity by Lucien, a charismatic young Englishman.
Amazon.com | Amazon.UK 
 Ranging from downtown Manhattan to Istanbul, Majorca, and the Hamptons, the two of them live a life of excess—drugs, beautiful women, and adventure—and forge a strange but great friendship. 

But with every journey, there comes a price; and in every paradise there lurks a temptress. For David, will his quest for excitement lead him to betrayal and loss?




Danny Wynn is a full-time fiction writer, and before that, he was an executive in the record industry and part-time fiction writer. He has lived in New York City, Los Angeles, and London, and now makes his home in the West Village with his wife and two children. His other favorite place in the world (after the West Village) is the island of Mallorca, Spain

He is currently finishing two novels.

Danny describes himself as a creature in search of exaltation. In addition to attending the original Woodstock Music Festival, some of the other great concerts he’s been to include: Roxy Music on the Avalon Tour at Radio City, Bon Iver at Town Hall and subsequently at Radio City, The National at BAM and later at The Beacon, and The Waterboys at the Hammersmith Palais, Bruce on his solo tour, U2 on Zooropa and later tours, Dylan on the right night, and Van on the right night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...