Monday 14 January 2013

Kilts, ghosts, Fingelly Manor, oh my!

by Fae 
from the novel, Lights, Camera, Poltergeist! by 
Nell Dixon

Hi and thank you for inviting me to your blog. My name is Fae and some of you will know me as one of the presenters from the popular TV show: Ghost UK.

Ghost UK, if you haven’t seen it, is a pre-recorded series aired in a variety of locations throughout the UK and Ireland. We also do live ‘seasonal’ shows like Valentine’s day, Halloween etc. I’m asked questions all the time about the show so I thought I’d try and answer the most common for you.

The big one I am asked is: are the ghostly goings-on real?

Ghost UK prides itself on factual reporting. If we discover something fake then we’ll reveal it. We research to make sure we only report the real deal. There have only been a couple of shows where people have tried to fool us. You can read about one of them in Lights, Camera, Poltergeist!

Another popular question I am asked is: do I believe in ghosts?

You bet I do! I’ve seen and heard things which have no rational explanation. Like the time in Cue Me In, when I was attempting to be selected as a presenter for Ghost UK. That Welsh Castle had a green lady ghost that was the spitting image of my sister Izzy. There were howling dogs, weird green lights and a mysterious library. That was my first encounter with the unknown. My heart still races when I think about going down that secret passage inside the castle walls. I wasn’t sure if I would make it out alive at the other end!

I’m also asked if Victor, our guest medium, in Lights, Camera, Poltergeist! is genuine. I can tell you, he scares me half to death. One minute he’s a nice normal elderly man with a fondness for wearing black suits, the next, he’s talking to dead people. He’s amazingly accurate. In Lights, Camera, Poltergeist! he was able to tell the real ghost from the fake, so yes, he’s genuine.

I couldn’t do half the things I do on the show, though, without John ‘Flash’ Flannigan. He’s my tech guy and also my boyfriend. Although he reckons I’ve aged him about fifty years since we started working together.

In Lights, Camera, Poltergeist! I’d planned a lovely romantic Valentine’s evening. You know, Italian restaurant, nice walk by the river, candles and romance. But we ended up in a creepy Scottish Manor House filming a live show!

What a show it was though! Wow, things certainly did get wild at Fingelly Manor. There aren’t many guys who would put up with that kind of lifestyle. So, I think John’s a keeper.

What’s next for me? Well, I’m contracted to record some more episodes of Ghost UK so you’ll probably be able to read more of my adventures in the future. I just hope I don’t end up anywhere that’s too scary - even for me!




Lights, Camera, Poltergeist!


Amazon.UK
Amazon.com



Things don’t just go bump in the night, sometimes they throw tea cups!


As the presenter for Ghost UK,  the leading TV show investigating paranormal activity, Fae thought she’d seen it all. Until a Valentine’s Eve live show from Scotland’s Fingelly Manor upsets both her preconceptions and her love life.










Nell Dixon is a Black Country author, married to the same man for over twenty-eight years she has three daughters, a tank of tropical fish and a cactus called Spike. Winner of the RNA’s prestigious Romance Prize in 2007 and 2010, she writes warm-hearted contemporary romance for a number of publishers in the US and the UK including Astraea Press, Myrmidon Press, Samhain Publishing, Little Black Dress, E-Scape Press and Freya’s Bower.

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...