Tuesday 13 March 2012

Meet Cora Parks: Your IRS Refund

My Foray into the Blogosphere

by
Cora Parks

I first learned of blogging in 2007 as a way to make money.  Unfortunately, I promptly forgot about it until 2009.  What precipitated my going into blogging was a desire to disseminate tax information to a larger audience than I would be able to reach as a sometime tax instructor at work.

So in August 2009, I commenced my first blog post.  It was nothing special, just a “hey I’m here” type of post. 

All I wanted to do was to talk about taxes in plain English so that no one’s eyes would glaze over.   Although, others make money off their blogs, I don’t make a penny.  In fact, I lose money in that I must pay hosting fees every month out of my own pocket. 

Do I wish that I could make money?  Yes.  Do I want more readers?  Of course I do.  But my writing was and is not predicated upon the number of readers or how much money I make.  I do it because I love it. 

The only caveat is producing fresh material.  Except for a couple of guest posts, I write and edit all the material on my blog.   This year, I made changes to the blog template, the size of posts, and frequency of posts in an effort to attract more readers. 

Right now, I take things day by day, hoping that my posts make “taxes a little less taxing” in the lives of my readers. 

I would love to have you join us at blog.taxtoday.info. 

Cora Parks is a lifelong Atlantan whose vision is to bring proactive tax counsel and personal responsibility to the masses in the area of taxation.

She is the author and editor of the financial blog Tax Today, a blog that provides readers with information on an array of federal tax topics. She is currently collaborating with PYPTW Inc, a nonprofit organization to start a low income tax clinic in metro Atlanta.


Email
Genre – Non-Fiction, Tax
Purchase Links: Amazon

In this book you will find all the information you need about an IRS refund, from the options that you have to get your refund, to getting a bigger refund, and getting it faster. In addition, we include little known IRS refund topics, like what to do when you have an expired refund, what to do if you get an unexpected IRS refund and much more.

1 comment:

  1. Does this apply to just the American authors?

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...