Thursday 1 July 2010

Untouched Places by Grace Meadows

Untouched Places
by
Grace Meadows

DP_Letterhead_LGGrace Meadows is the author of two hot erotic short stories. She writes for Decadent Publishing. Her debut novel, Untouched Places, is to be released 1st August, and out on Kindle three weeks after that. Decadent is a new publishing company and is open for submissions.

I asked Grace a few searching questions:

1. Do you find yourself turned on by your own writing?
Oh, yes, yes... That's how I know its good.

2. Do you try out things from your books into real life experiences (or vice versa)?
Yes, my guy especially enjoys that part of my writing. : )


3. I must admit writing a short erotic story once and being amazed at my lack of inhibitions whilst writing. Is this what you feel? The ability to "let go"?
I think, as an author, you have to do that regardless what you write -- step back and let the story take over. It is very freeing.

4. You don't have an agent. And for those out there looking, does this mean you really need one?
For my fellow authors, I would say that they have to do what is right for their careers. If they think they need an agent or if they would like an agent then I think they should look for an agent. I don't have one, so agents, please do contact me.

5. Do you find people look at you in a different light when they find out what type of books you write?
So far I've been very fortunate in that the people I have elected to tell don't judge me. I'm very proud of my work. I enjoy my stories. I'm inspired to write more. In fact, I'm currently working on two new manuscripts. However, erotica isn't the only thing I write. It is the only thing I write under my pen name.


6. What inspired you to write?
People, place, news, views, thoughts, songs. My muse dances to many drummers.


7. How many unpublished books do you have lurking under your bed?
None. If a story doesn't work. I save the best of it and weave it into a story that does.


8. How did you find the publisher?
Fate, I was at the right place at the right time. That said I wasn't waiting for someone to find me. I was on the road with my thumb out. When that didn't work I started jumping up and down, waving my arms wildly.


9. How do your juggle a writing schedule?
I'm a fly by the sit of jeans chick. That said there are somethings I must do daily. Writing, reading, are on the top of the list -- above eating. Maybe not that wise. See my name next to a sign that says -- not a good example.


10. What's the best/worst part of being a writer?
I'm having a very good day so I can only focus on the plus -- having others read my work, having others react to my work. I don't really mind if they react positively or negatively as long as they react.


11. What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?
Morning. I've been known to wake up at 3 am with a story demanding to be written. The rest of the day I walk around like a zombie.


12. Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer
Varies, I'll write in sand if need be.


13. What/who do you draw inspiration from?
I draw inspiration from my need to celebrate that which is feminine -- our power, our lives, our passion.


14. Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?
My goal is to write daily. The amount is governed by my muse.


15. How do/did you deal with rejection letters?
I eat lots of chocolate. After I've swallowed in my sorrow for a suitable amount of time, I go to my local bookstore. I look at book after book. I pause to consider, many fine authors wrote these books. Many worthy authors wrote these books. All of these books deserve to be read. They all deserve an audience. I need to buy them.
Do I buy them all?
No.
Can I buy them all?
No.
Then, I think, this is what being an book publisher must be like.


16. Do you have a critique partner?
Yes, thank goodness. I also have a beta reader and proofreader. I won't leave home without them.

EXCERPT FROM UNTOUCHED PLACES

My eyes quickly slid down the page as I read...

'How had he found her on this secluded island? She didn't care how. It only mattered that he had. It only mattered that he was there, with her, now.



She looked at him. Fernando -- her tall, dark, handsome Latin lover. Her eyes begged him to take her. She knew he could and would satisfy her hot, hungry lust.



With one swift movement he tore off his shirt. He kissed Amanda hard on the lips and guided her down until she lay on the soft sand. Fernando quickly buried his head under skirt. His lips found her throbbing pussy and sucked, bringing her to climax.



"Yes, Fernando, yes, yes," Amanda breathed as her fists beat the sand.'

I felt my pussy throb as I read the scene over and over again. I wanted, needed -- was hungry for -- sex. I stopped reading...

I slipped a bookmark between the pages of my novel and placed the book on the coffee table. I ran a hand lovingly down the cover, down Fernando's muscular chest.

I love romances. I wish I lived in a romance novel.
 
CONTACTS:
Blog
Website
Twitter


UNTOUCHED PLACES
out 1st August

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Grace for appearing on my blog. I wish you every success with your erotic writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Grace!
    Nice interview! Best wishes for lots of sales.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...