Friday 18 June 2010

Elizabeth Isaacs

The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope
by
Elizabeth Isaacs
If Nora Johnson hadn’t been on campus that day, she would have never known her true destiny. Helping her friends move into the dorm that she wanted to call home, Nora accidentally collides with mysterious stranger, Gavin Frey. His very first touch sends flames through her heart. The world seems different—something within her has changed.
Every morning, for more than a year now, I have gotten up at 4:30, hot tea in hand, and sat down at an old kitchen table that was given a second life as a desk. The whirr of an impossibly slow computer the only sound in the dark; the dog forever nestled at my feet. This was my time … my time to dream, my time to create, my time to hope. It is in the wee, small hours of the morning that Nora and Gavin came to life.

Her ability to always see the best in people, his insatiable desire to protect; these were the ties that bound them to me. The idea that they gave the other strength, that together they were invincible, that they always believed, always persevered ... always loved. This was the catalyst that compelled my heart to write. An epic battle of good versus evil played through my imagination, and I tried as best I could to capture it with the written word. The adventure so strong in my mind, I often scared myself silly before work. My days run at an impossibly fast pace, but at night I found myself restless, ready to get back to the table. I would forego the temptations of TV, not allow the sirens call of another beloved book to lure me away, and I wrote. I wrote to serve as example to my daughter and my son. I wrote to heal past wounds. I wrote as a hope for the future.

It's my deepest desire that as you read, you too will be inspired to not look on love with the restless eyes of the ungrateful, but gaze upon it as the greatest gift of God.


She tries to resume her mundane life, but now she’s consumed with the one whose very presence ignited her soul, the one with eyes of emerald. Nora soon learns that an energy buried deep within has been unleashed. She now wields unimaginable power and has become Gavin’s source, his strength.

Her newfound joy is shaken when she discovers that Gavin is not who he appears to be, and she has been thrust in the middle of a war of mythical proportions. Negativity has allowed all things evil to flourish, the earth is under siege. The fate of creation hinges on the power within her heart. Will she be strong enough to survive?
A gripping tale of unbounded love and ancient power, The Light of Asteria will take you on an epic adventure filled with war, treachery, and demons, as well as unimaginable delights.

Her newfound joy is shaken when she discovers that Gavin is not who he appears to be, and she has been thrust in the middle of a war of mythical proportions. Negativity has allowed all things evil to flourish, the earth is under siege. The fate of creation hinges on the power within her heart. Will she be strong enough to survive?
A gripping tale of unbounded love and ancient power, The Light of Asteria will take you on an epic adventure filled with war, treachery, and demons, as well as unimaginable delights.

Elizabeth's Blog
Elizabeth's website
Reviews for The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope are outstanding. Read them here.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."— Maya Angelou

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this book with the world. I read "The Light of Asteria" about a month ago and it quickly became my favorite. Although it has only been out for a short time, it is spreading like wild fire. There were many poignant moments in this story. This is one you'll want to read over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too! The great thing is that now the kindle version (on Amazon) is on sale! Whoo-hoo! If you love fantasy/romance you'll absolutely love The Light of Asteria!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...