Wednesday 12 May 2010

Dukan Diet - join me on my journey to lose weight.

 Walking Home Crying My Fukan Dukan Diet Diary
Just a small interval from author features: I'm on the Dukan Diet! It's the new French ‘revolutionary’ Dr. Dukan’s diet.
Phase one: is called the Attack: Only protein allowed: beef, fish, chicken, eggs (egg white unlimited, yolk one a day), low fat cottage cheese, no-fat yoghurt with flavourings (fruit puree/pieces limit to one a day) and will last five days.
Phase Two: is called the Cruise: One day of "attack" (pure protein) the next day include a small range of vegetables to your protein diet. You can also play about with this stage and have two protein days, then two veg and proteins days. This phase will last 57 days.


Phase Three: Consolidation: when the weight you have achieved is consolidated, a phase designed to prevent the rebound effect that occurs after any rapid weight-loss. This lasts (for me)  82 days.

Phase Four: is called Stabilising: Pure protein for one day a week for life. Potatoes and bread in moderation for life.

I'm day three into the the Attack phase, and it's not going as well as I hoped. Not lost a single pound! But something's happening. I'm thirsty alot of the time (which, apparently is good) and I need to pee almost on the hour. I have more energy in a strange lightheaded kind of way. I feel lighter, and my clothes are looser, so maybe I need new scales!

I'm getting rather sick of sausages and eggs though. And it wasn't until day two that I realised I was eating unlimited egg yolk instead of egg white.
My advice to those trying the diet is to read through the recipes first then make them in order to freeze just so it'll be easy to use them when you're at your hungriest. Another tip is to buy bottles of no-sugar fizzy drinks because these do really fill you up. A diet that's impossible for vegetarians, but even though the scales haven't altered, I do feel better.

Rules of the game are: Drink 1.5 litres of water per day (plain or carbonated) particularly at mealtimes to help you feel full. Tea, coffee and diet drinks (no more than 1 calorie per glass) can be included in this total.
Eat 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran per day (as porridge, sprinkled on yoghurt, or made into a pancake).
Walk briskly for 20 minutes every day. This is a non-negotiable doctor’s prescription. Avoid all butter and oil.
You RockAnother website to visit
Starting weight: 11 stone
Day One: Breakfast: Scrambled egg and two rashers of turkey bacon. Lunch: Steak (used no spices and it was bland and I didn't enjoy it at all). Flavoured yoghurt. Two cups of unsweetened green tea.
Dinner: I cooked a roast chicken dinner for the family, but just had the chicken. Starving! Evening: Cooked three chicken sausages. Realised no-sugar fizzy drinks help fill the stomach, but still went to bed hungry.

Day Two: Breakfast: Scrambled egg (couldn't face the turkey rashers again). Lunch: Salmon chopped with spices and non-fat warmed unflavoured yoghurt. Look disgusting, but didn't taste too bad. So hungry anyway, I'd have probably eaten it if the taste was awful. Dinner: I made shepherds pie for the family, but took some mince beef away for myself before I added the smashed potato to the top, added extra spices and actually enjoyed it! Flavoured yoghurts are a life saver! If they don't contain any fruit or fruit puree they are unlimited. I cooked enough mince for myself to keep as leftovers. Evening: One previously cooked chicken sausage.

Day three: Breakfast: Scrambled egg. Lunch: Two hard boiled eggs, mashed with the unflavoured yoghurt, teaspoon of mustard, and diced cooked chicken. Spice to taste. This was delicious! Made enough for leftovers too. Dinner: Chicken Soufflé - bite sized chicken, herbs, skimmed milk, 2 separated eggs. Mix the chicken and herbs. Heat the milk and pour it over the egg yolks. Mix with the chopped chicken and put in soufflé dish (I didn't have one and used just an ordinary oven proof dish). Whip up the egg whites until soft peaks and fold into the chicken and yolk mixture. Cook for half a hour. It was very bland, so note to self, use more herbs and more seasoning. I also don't think you can warm up cooked chicken (the taste goes), but next time I will cook the chicken from scratch. Evening: Left over mince beef from yesterday.

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today and also made: Café chocolate or vanilla creme: 3 separated eggs, pinch of cornflour, 225 ml skimmed milk, flavouring (choose one) 1 teaspoon instant coffee, non-fat cocoa powder dissolved in water OR 1 vanilla pod split length ways, insides removed and mixed with a few drops of vanilla extract. Sweetener. First mix the cornflour up with the yolks. Heat milk and add the flavours of your choice. Warm and stir. Add in the yolk mixture and stir until thickened. Put in mixture in dish or dishes and chill for two hours (this mixture should serve 4). I love this, it deals nicely with my chocolate craving.

Day Four: I'm not hungry. How'd that happen? For breakfast I had oat bran mix with hot milk and sweetener to taste because I couldn't face scrambled egg again. The oat bran porridge will sick to the bottom, but keep stirring and it should thicken up and be fine, add sweetener. For lunch grilled steak. The idea is to use spices and experiment with the tastes, and this time I did. I sprinkled onion spice, coriander and pepper, and brushed a little Worcester sauce on top. Dinner: My home-made carb-free chicken mayonnaise. Evening: A portion of my chocolate creme - yummy.

Discovered this website: It sells low-carb bread, and I bought pitta bread and "toast". I shall use them during my cruise days.

Day Five: Breakfast: Oat bran porridge. Lunch: Steak, sausages, turkey bacon and egg. Dinner: I made more of my carb-free mayo with diced chicken. Evening: I'd two left over egg whites, so added one more egg and made a ham omettet. I added low-fat cheese, herbs and seasoned. For pudding I had some of my chocolate creme.
I drank tap water, flavoured fizzy waters, lots of tea and coffee in between food during all days. 

Weight: 10.11 stone!!!!!  Wakka Wakka

Cruise (I start the cruise stage)
Day Six: Breakfast:
Oat bran porridge. Lunch: Low-carb pitta bread filled with my homemade carb free egg mayo and chicken (not hundred percent sure the pitta bread is allowed yet. In fact I'm certain it's not!) Flavoured yoghurt. Dinner: Today is Saturday, and usually on Saturdays we have a takeaway (curry). I chose chicken tikka with salad (no rice... no wine!!!! It's Saturday! Oh, the things we do to be thin!) Sugar free lemonade and the chocolate creme. Hubby ate the podiums (I didn't touch a morsel!), and I feel strangely smug that I was able to turn my nose up even though he tormented me by eating them extra loudly. Git.
Day Seven: Breakfast: Porridge. Lunch: Steak, turkey bacon and red and green peppers. Dinner: Agh! I was invited round a friends house for dinner. Friend had made the biggest and yummiest Paella a Spaniard would be proud of, and to follow - a bowl of every fruit under the sun. I had to eat. It would have seemed rude not to. I ate the smallest portion, and nibbled on a strawberry. Hope my diet won't suffer too much.

Day Eight: Breakfast: Porridge. Lunch: Chicken soup (this was a weight watchers cupasoup). Dinner: Two turkey steaks, seasoned. Evening: Yoghurt. Felt really full tonight, despite little food.

Day Nine: Breakfast: Scrambled egg. Lunch: Tuna fish in a low carb pitta bread (said on packet only 5 net cabs per bread, so hope that was OK). Dinner: Roast Chicken, two beef sausages. Evening: Yoghurt.
On the school run bringing the Rugrats home we stopped at an icecream van. You can't believe the argument I had with myself to stop me buying an icecream along with the kids'! Oh, the restraint!
Day Ten: Breakfast: Scrambled egg. Lunch: Piece of chicken (struggling, and my temptation? Strawberries! It's strawberry season here in England and they are everywhere? Surely one won't hurt? I had two anyway. I'm missing fruit big time! ) Dinner: Steak an chicken. Evening: Oat bran porridge (sussed out how to make this yummy. Heat milk, sprinkle in the oatbran and keep stirring until thickened and sinking to the bottom. Sweeten to taste).

Day Eleven: Breakfast:Scrambled egg. Lunch: Low carb pitta bread filled with tuna. Dinner: Steak and beef sausages. Yoghurt. Evening: Oat bran porridge.

Day Twelve (and I'm struggling): Breakfast: Scrambled egg (two egg whites one yolk). Lunch: Two Chicken Tikka breasts. Dinner: Steak and beef sausages. Yoghurt. Evening: Atkins chocolate (found this beauty in Superdrug). Low in carbs.

Weight: 10 stone, 9!!!!!

Day Thirteen: Breakfast: Scrambled egg with cheese. Lunch: Low carb pitta bread with tuna and a little salad. Dinner: (this is where is all goes horribly wrong) BBQ, but had friends over and they bought a yummy pudding. I had one serving, but also three glasses of wine.

Day Fourteen: Breakfast: Scrambled egg with ham. Lunch: Steak, yoghurt. Dinner: Cold chicken with a little salad (there was a lone bag of crisps which I found impossible to ignore. I opened them and sniffed... mmm.. luckily my six-year-old saved me and when he asked for a packet. I said, "This is the last one, but you can have it," and womanfully handed it over. Evening: Oatbran and egg pancake (still thinking of those crisps...)

Day Fifteen: Breakfast: Scrambled egg (my scrambled eggs are at last nice and fluffy. Just add more milk and keep stirring and don't over cook). Lunch: Steak topped with mozzarella cheese. Had a bad moment: I ate two slices of melon. Dinner: Chicken, topped with a little mozzarella cheese and rolled in lean ham, two beef sausages. Lemon flavour yoghurt. Evening: Oatbran porridge. No hunger pangs today.

What helps me starve of the hungry pangs is fruit free, but flavoured yoghurt and fizzy, fruit flavoured (sugar free) drinks. The oatbran porridge is also filling. I am getting fed up with eggs, but have discovered that some cheeses are carb free. I'm not a lover of cheese, but it does add another taste if it's used with cooking.

Summer in England and I am so missing fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, melon, apples, oranges... it's so bizarre that a one-time food that had been drummed into you from childhood that it was healthy and good, is forbidden!

Day Sixteen: Breakfast: Scrambled egg with a little bacon. Lunch: I bought low carb bread (very crumbly but nice and soft), and made a ham sandwich. Yoghurt. Dinner: Steak and beef sausages. Evening: Oatbran porridge.

Day Seventeen (Wednesday) Breakfast: Scrambled egg (think I hate eggs!) Lunch: Chicken cupasoup.Yoghurt. Dinner: Made Shepard's pie, but I had it without the potato topping and veg.

Day Eighteen Breakfast: Just water. Couldn't face eggs or oatbran porridge. Brunch: Steak and two beef sausages. Lunch: Home-made egg mayo with chicken sandwich (low carb bread). Cupasoup. Yoghurt. Dinner: Omelette with chicken.

Day Nineteen: Breakfast: Oatbran porridge (think I ate too much yesterday because I skipped breakfast.) Feels like I'm putting on weight. I haven't weighed myself because I know I shall be disappointed.  Lunch: chicken and mayo in a low-carb pitta bread, yoghurt. Dinner: Chicken omelette. Evening: Yoghurt
Weight: 10 stone 11.   Walking Home Crying Where am I going wrong? I think it's the so-called low carb bread. But when I'm at work sandwiches are the only answer.

Day Twenty (Saturday) Breakfast: Oatbran porridge. Lunch: Omelette (two egg whites, one yolk) with chicken. Dinner: Chicken and egg mayo in a pitta bread, yoghurt. Evening: Chicken curry, low carb bread. (Before I've labelled a pig, the breakfast today was early, lunch was at eleven and dinner was a small pitta bread at 4pm. Evening was my main dinner really at 8.30pm).

Day Twenty-One (Sunday, and Sunday's don't go well with my diet) Breakfast: Oakbran porridge. Lunch: Low carb pitta bread filled with egg mayo and chicken. Dinner (went out): Chinese chicken in black bean sauce (no rice), a few prawn crackers (there were there!) and two glasses of wine and (whispers) icecream with a chocolate wafer for pud. So, I guess my entire week next week with be the attach phase.

Day Twenty-Two Breakfast: Oatbran porridge. Lunch: Chicken Omelette. Oh dear. Went to a craft fair and couldn't resist the array of cakes on offer. I bought one to eat with my coffee while the kids watched Punch and Judy. On way home we called into the shop and I bought steak for me, and went next door to the c  hippy for the kids and hubby. Once home, I must have had five chips. Bad? I hang my head in shame.  Indifference
Dinner: Steak with a light coating of sweet chillier sauce (bought from the craft fair).
I've been on this diet almost a month, and despite the good beginning the loss is rubbish. I know I'm my own worse enemy at times with my slip-ups but I thought I'd lose more than this,even so!
Day Twenty-Three Breakfast: Glass of water and two coffees. Lunch: Chicken in egg mayo Dinner: Salmon on a small bed of salad. Yoghurt Evening: Muller yoghurt. (really low cal today. I think I was sub-consciously punishing myself fro yesterday.)

Day twenty-four. Breakfast: Scrambled egg. Lunch: Low carb pitta bread filled with tuna. Dinner: Roast beef, two beef sausages and a handful of cauliflower. Muller yoghurt.

I was brave, and weighed myself. Bare in mind I've just eaten... 10 stone 8!!!!    Ouch   
Day Twenty-five Breakfast: Scrambled egg with a little lean ham. Lunch: Three beef sausages with chilli sause. Yoghurt. Dinner: Salmon on a bed of lettuce. Yoghurt. Evening: Oatbran porridge.

Day twenty-six Breakfast: As above. Lunch: Chicken cupasoup and chicken quarter. Dinner: Shepard's Pie without the potato. Evening: Porridge.

Day 27. Breakfast: As above. Lunch: cupasoup. Yoghurt Evening: Left over salmon and lettuce. Evening Porridge.

Day 28: Breakfast as above. Lunch: Sausages and chicken quarter. Dinner: Chinese without rice.
Weight: 10 stone 7

Getting bored of doing a running commentary. Shan't continue, because my food habits are boring and similar day in day out. Weight loss is slow, but steady. Strange how my appetite is diminishing, just goes to show how addictive carbohydrates are!

Visit this excellent website forum:
http://dukan-diet.info/dukan-forum/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed!
    Good
    design! Found this here on louisewise.blogspot.com [url=http://easyrvoutdoors.com]RV[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...