Tuesday 6 July 2010

Books By L.E Harvey

L.E. Harvey is a writer and model in Harleysville, PA. She is also an activist for human rights, animal rights, women’s rights, and gay rights.
 
When L.E. is not writing or working on the political scene, she models as a pin-up girl and “alt” (alternative) model.  L.E. admires women like Betty Page, and “Rosie the Riveter” has been her idol since childhood.



L. E. Says that she wrote Loving Her and Unbreakable Hostage out of personal experience, observation, and personal opinion. 

“It was easy to give these characters life,” she says.  “They are based on people I know, and they all have elements of myself.  From my experience working on cars, my love for animals, my desire to be a police officer, my work as a model and more, each of these women has a little piece of me – they all share my soul.”


















As well as Loving Her and Unbreakable Hostage, L.E will be releasing Imperfect shortly and Impeccable, it's sequal, next year. The stories are contemporary fiction; GLBT fiction, although Unbreakable Hostage is a  mystery/suspense/thriller.

Loving Her is a collection of short stories celebrating love and life between women; each story tells a story, and together, they create a depth and understanding of women's love for each other and for life.
Unbreakable Hostage
Lareina Oliveira; high school math teacher, she wants to share her passion for math. So it is back to school for Lareina...a tough Ph. D. program. A classmate is captivated by Lareina's beauty and intelligence, and despite her repeated refusals to his attentions, he kidnaps her! Only her determination and wits can save her... Will her family, roommate, and a wily detective from Missing Persons get to her before it is too late?

I asked L.E a few questions:

What author would your books most resmble? Boy, that is a tough one! My voice is very unique and my writing tends to be staccato. I’m wracking my brain trying to think of an author I’ve read whose work I follow, but I’m not really sure I can think of one! LOL.

Are the books for adults or teens? My books are definitely for adults. Though I think teens could appreciate the tones of tolerance and acceptance, my books tend to be on the dark side and I’m not really sure teens want to read about gay bashings, sexism, prejudice, etc.

Do you co-write? No, I have never co-written anything. Not yet, anyway. I think I’m too much of a control freak to co-write! LOL.

How long does it take you to write a book? It varies for me. Unbreakable Hostage was completely written and edited when I sent it in and it only took 3 months. Imperfect took over a year. For me, the subject matter and flow need to be pristine when my final version goes to my publisher.

How many drafts? Unbreakable Hostage was only one draft that was continually revised until I submitted it. Imperfect went through two major re-writes before it went to my publisher for final editing. Again, the subject matter and length of the work dictated the time and number of drafts.

Why this particular genre? I write about what I see and experience. My books are a strong reflection of my life. So, contemporary fiction comes really easily. Does that mean my life is fictional? LOL.

Have I ever tried to write another genre? Yes. Unbreakable Hostage is my first stab at a suspense novel, and it is doing surprisingly well. I tried writing sci fi once. That didn’t go nearly as well! LOL. I guess I can deviate from my norm a little, but not too drastically! LOL.

L.E. Harvey publishes with Vanilla Heart Publishing, in Everett, WA.

You can contact L.E for more information about her books on the Vanilla Heart website
Watch the trailer for Unbreakable Hostage on You Tube


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...