Saturday 2 December 2023

When Julie is hurled back to 1973 during a glitch in spacetime, it doesn’t become a simple case of reliving her harrowing childhood. She has to relive it from another perspective in someone else’s body. #timetravel #QuantumLeap

 WIDE AWAKE ASLEEP
by
Louise Wise

I based my novel, WIDE AWAKE ASLEEP, where I grew up in a sleepy village in Potterspury in Northamptonshire.

I wanted the novel to appeal to readers worldwide, so I enlisted Elayne Morgan from Serenity Editing Services in America to work with me on the novel.

Between us, we giggled over the differences in our language:

Bonbons - a chewy sweet in various flavours in England (chocolate in America)

Gas and air - pain relief in child labour (gasoline).

RTA - road traffic accident (MVA, i.e. motor vehicle accident).

Lock-in - widely known in England when a pub owner locked the doors after closing for illegal shenanigans.

Elayne didn’t know who Worzel Gummidge was but told me she loved the name so much she would name her next pet after him!

I haven’t changed my English spellings, and the book is quintessentially British, but it’s free from slang to make it more palatable to those outside England.

It’s been an eye-opener to see how British I am!

So, check out this time travel novel based in a small village that’s so old it was listed in the Domesday book. Modern Julie Compton thinks she has it all until she plunges back to her childhood to relive her life. One problem, she’s in someone else’s body.


Buy Here or Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...