Thursday 29 November 2012

I hate sex! It's icky, repetitive, time consuming, sweaty and pointless . . .

Amazon.UK
Amazon.com
in books.

Unless it's erotica, and then it's kinda the main ingredient. So I always cut to the chase, boy meets girl, boy like girl and vice versa, a couple of kisses, and then it's the next scene. Job done.

I can not make sex sexy. The name of every body part has me giggling. How many times can you say 'velvet sheath' or 'lady garden' without laughing? 

I blogged about it last year in my post I can't Perform in the Sexual Department, and even though it made people giggle you'd have hoped I'd have a different story to tell this year, wouldn't you? But no, I STILL, prefer to miss those scenes out. Maybe it's because, as a reader, I skip them to get to the main gritty story.

But then, I began getting a few reviews for Eden from people saying the sexual tension was thick but they were disappointed that it didn't lead to anything. Oh, dear! And even more shocking Eden has a few tags of 'erotica'. Not my intention! Flattered, that I got the sexual tension right, but the book is about acceptance, love and survival above anything else, and the theme Beauty and the Beast, is so far away from erotic fiction.


Amazon.UK
Amazon.com
In my latest release, The Fall of the Misanthrope: I bitch, therefore I am, I wrote two sex scenes. One was so raunchy it involved oral sex, but I cut it. And I'm glad I did. You see, you HAVE to stay true to the genre you're writing for.

I'm pleased my books are romantic and 'thick with sexual tension', but I'll leave the full blown sex scenes to the experts!

Article by Louise Wise
#wwbb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...